Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday 28 October 2009

Friday - 16 Oct 09

                                                    The only thing Ah Gong left for us!


Woke up real early then usual .... cos we are going to have Ah Gong's tombstone being dig out.  Received the letter from the Govt during about Qing Ming time that Ah Gong's house is going to be evacuate.  I had engage my friend whom will perform the ritual before digging up the bones of my Ah Gong.

I didn't get to see Ah Gong at all so is my Mama .... heard from my Papa, Ah Gong is very tall and big size very strong man but he is Opium smoker therefore slowly he got sick.  Ah Gong use to do have a drink stall .... but is all gone after he fell sick.

I still jokingly tell Papa Ah Gong down grade from landed property to a condo ...... heehee .... everything starts at around 7.45am ..... praying, chanting and also ground breaking.  Lucky got one Indian told us to go to the office to get a Q number first ..... if not we will need to wait very long to let NEA assign some workers to dig up the bones.  Not long after the chanting it began to rain heavily ..... and smart QQ (me) have everything inside the car including poncho!  My 姑姑,姑丈 & my husband stay in the car to rest, my papa, brother, cousin and me went to the office to wait for NEA to assign the worker to us.

After about 20mins wait is our turn thanks to the Indian man whom gave us some tips thats why we are fast.  Papa bought an umbrella, joss stick and one red cloth from them which cost $12 and they intro us to buy 2 big bottle of white wine and plus washing of Ah Gong's bones cost us $80.  The digging start very quickly and it took about 40mins ... lucky it rain cos it makes the soil soft that leads to easy digging.

We are so surprise that the coffin is still in good condition ... and there are some left over of Ah Gong's clothing best is that his denture is still around ..... his skull is in good condition too but his bones is all black cos make he smoke opium.

After everything is done ...... Ah Gong's bones is being wrapped up and sent for cremation and we need to collect it in about an hour's time.  While waiting
姑姑 & 姑丈 drove to Jurong to get some other offerings items and also our lunch!   姑姑 says must celebrate cos is Ah Gong's house warming *LOL*.

After we collect the ashes we are instructed to put the ashes in the urn light up the joss stick and go over to Ah Gong's "new house".  Sai Gong (Priest) is there waiting for us and teaches us what to pray etc.  Total cost he charge me - $150.  Quite reasonable!

Everything is done at around 12+ to 1pm ... we headed home and of cos I go nap a while ...... this nap ..... nap till 6+pm then I wake up.  Dearie have a wedding dinner to go he drove me to fetch TT and we alight at Kallang and took a bus to Mama's place.  My nephews still there so TT is happy and start playing with them.  Dearie only came picking us up at 12+am .... *yawnz* damn tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment