Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday 15 June 2013

Saturday - 15 Jun 2013 - Penang trip








Woke up early today so that I can clear off all laundry and go for my trip without coming back with many more to wash and in the meantime Goh make a trip down to my Parent's place to get the cable for the camera that I borrow from my Papa.  My cute Papa thought he already help me to charge the battery so need not use the cable anymore haha ....

We set off to Airport at around 1015am via MRT and it was just less than 30mins we reached airport already and since the mini fan was very good we headed to T3 to get 2 more for the boys before going to T1 for check in.  

Met up with my in laws and after checking in we headed to Astons for an early lunch before our boarding time at 1+pm.  Took off 10mins earlier as schedule and we reached 10mins earlier in Penang ... customs were smooth so in about 10mins we were out and our Driver was already awaiting for us ..... Uncle Leong replacing Mr Lee whom initially taken up my request I guess maybe Mr Lee will take up job and assigned or share among his friends. 

Uncle Leong charge us RM80 for trip from airport to our hotel Cititel and the journey was around 20-30mins providing the traffic is in smooth condition.  Initially we didn't want to take up the service for the evening but Uncle Leong did ask us again so we agreed and he will pick us up at 6pm at lobby.  We reached hotel at around 3+pm we were given free welcome drink at their lounge as 3 rooms still not ready yet. 

Free wifi in the room so when we get our room we were all busy logging in haha ..... good view from our room and the hotel room came with a ceiling fan too good for people like me whom always feel hot! 

6pm sharp Uncle Leong was really punctual we headed over to New Lane (Lorong Baru) which is near to Sunway Hotel for dinner.  Is street food so it seems like back to the 70s, 80s of Singapore.... all we have to do is to order the food and get a card and place it on our table and it will be served.  I decided not to go for one main only I ordered a few food to share with others.  Aunt Daphne asked me to try Apom so i bought a few to try is something like our pancake but this texture is more soft and it comes in 3 flavour Corn, Coconut and Banana.  Conclusion on the food that we had here was good ... especially the Chee Cheong Fun the Q Q texture really very different in Singapore.  Goh had the curry mee he love it cos it comes with the pig's blood which Singapore had ban that!

According to Uncle Leong there were several nigh market in Penang ... he brought us to Sungai Dua Night Market it will only be here on Saturday and we were all very surprise that the pasar malam was set up right in front of residential area!  The things they selling really dirt cheap I bought wall decal at only RM1 .... lotsa things to buy and eat too! We went to a cafe call 嘟嘟好 J.A.M Cafe, they serve western food and many dessert as well simnce we had dinner already we all go for their dessert.  I ordered their Tang Yuan ... and is colorful mini balls cook in ginger soup..... I love it!  I will wanna come back to ry their food if I am coming back to Penang again.  Our day ended at around 830pm .... gotta rest early cos tomorrow will be an early day again .....   Check out more photos on my facebook!

Lorong Baru 
Georgetown, 10400 Pulau Pinang

 嘟嘟好 J.A.M Cafe
727E Jalan Sungei Dua
11700 Gelugor Penang

No comments:

Post a Comment