Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday 18 August 2008

Pop another one when there is 4 mths maternity leave?

I am a person whom seldom watch / read news I always depend on Dearie whom always do the watching / reading of news to tell me about it.  Lazy me ..... and having TT with me is worst hahaha especially now she can crawl .... flip .... really SAKIT.  Sunday she go knocked her head against my floor hahaha so right forehead blue black I have to apply Zam Bak on her every night now.

Hurray and thanks to PM Lee whom said in his National Day Rally speech on Sunday paid maternity leave will be extended from 12 weeks to 16 weeks.  Should I pop another one when there is a 4 months maternity leave??? Thanks to Hazel too whom posted on her blog regarding this issue hahaha I almost forgot about this cos I ever read my friends discussing this too in forum.  There will be larger baby bonus given to the 1st time parents ..... not for me anymore but am still happy friends whom are TTC-ing JIA YOU!!!! hahah ... and the childcare leave is extended from 2-6days ....... GOOD!!!

And for us we owned a 3 room flat also will have more benefits too ... electricity bills ..... talking about that my electricity bill is damn high loh .... compare to sz mei's hers is a 4 room ... and she on air con sometimes when she is at home ....I only on it when we are about to sleep ... but our bills is like $140+ for 3 months consecutively  ..... sigh guess that we make wrong choices on certain electrical appliances ..... lesson learnt hehehe ... if we are moving house next time must get some tips from her and yz ..... what they use ..... heheh so we can save!


34 comments:

  1. hazel ya loh imagine is only a 3 room flat

    ReplyDelete
  2. u got leave the switch on even when u are not using??

    ReplyDelete
  3. does Zam Bak help in itchness?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hazel no leh i off off off everything except for fridge

    ReplyDelete
  5. jas yes on every day but auto off after 4-5hrs

    ReplyDelete
  6. eh zam bak i not sure leh i shall try on myself let u kw

    ReplyDelete
  7. wah your 3 room bill more than my 4 rm bill leh. wat is your main electricity "eater"?? scary leh

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2004 = 3mths
    2008 = 4mths
    2012 = 5mths? Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wah, ur 3 room more ex than my 5 room leh....

    do u have an air port?

    for air con, though is auto off, still better to use the aircon to turn it on and turn it off (and turn off main switch) when u wake up...

    ReplyDelete
  10. it will be nice if it is 6 mths hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. change to use fan? i use 2 fan in my room... 1 for bb, 1 more us. but we adult rarely on fan, only on for bb. hao ming ya.

    140 is quite high leh.. esp u are not @ home during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. San i no airpot leh .... sigh

    Michi i dunno which one is teh main eater too .....

    I use fan oso after the aircon being auto switch off

    ReplyDelete
  13. all ur fans at home, dont leave on stnad by mode..

    my place, the only thing that is on is the TV (Cos if turn off have to reset everything), the fridge and one cordless phone... everything else all off..... my bill is average $60... highest was $70..

    ReplyDelete
  14. but very shiong leh for a 3 room flat. the only time i hit 100 plus is during my confinement. super chor that one. dun dare to think of it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. san my fans no standby mode de .... all off ... even tv oso off
    my only thing on is fridge

    ReplyDelete
  16. ya loh 140 is siong .....sigh

    ReplyDelete
  17. maybe one month ur bill is very high.. and then subsequent month they base on last month and give u an agar agar bill..
    base on what u say.. ur bill shouldn't be so high leh cos last time when i stay in hdb 3 rm and i on the aircon every night.. my bill highest only $120

    maybe u call pub come and check?

    sand ur bill is very good!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sandra.. u are power. 5 room and ur bill is so low. u mean 60-70 is ur electricity bill or overall?

    ReplyDelete
  19. yeah check the back of ur bill... some will have a star some will.. i cnanot remember but some are estimated bills.... my $80 over one turned out to be an overcharge by them and they rebate us liao...

    its not i power, its my husband that is very kiam..

    since wedding he will nag at me if i leave switches at standby mode. Then i will nag at him when he leaves lights on when he doesnt need it. And as part of my work, i had to go attend a financial skills training workshop, and i benefitted alot from there and i ractice what i leartn at home..

    but my scrooge husband only allows air con on twice a week at night,,, even if the weather is hot, no more than twice a week....

    so i went to buy those water pillow and sleep on it, so i not so hot.. heee...

    $60 to $70 is the total bill, so electricity, water, etc all in... but i cannot remember the breakdown..

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow so good leh .... hmmm but it always stated meter reading on my bill ..... sigh ..... dunno how oso leh .... what u all suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  21. how much is govt giving rebate this time round?

    ReplyDelete
  22. hmm..... there must be something in ur house that is taking up all the elctricty lor..

    ur light bulbs are energy saving ones? what time do u turn it on, how many lights on at one shot?

    ReplyDelete
  23. wats ur water usage? which one higher...water or elec? if water then check for leaks..

    ReplyDelete
  24. mei eh i dunno ....

    san yup all change to energy savings ........living room is 5 bulb

    midas is electricity more water not much

    ReplyDelete
  25. is it ur fridge? if fridge is overloaded, can use more electricity too..

    ReplyDelete
  26. no oso leh actually i suspect maybe they take wrong meter will it be this way???

    ReplyDelete
  27. QQ, i also suspect my meter is spoil (as in run faster then others..lol), but they won't admit it one. There's actually nothing we can do about it. Filed complaint about the meter say it's spoiled, they came down checked say nothing wrong with the READINGS. FAINT!

    ReplyDelete
  28. ai yo ... i think i better check cos my meter is in a room and share with the one next door sakali they read mine is theirs?

    ReplyDelete
  29. o. i better check mine too. haha.

    ReplyDelete