Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday 4 February 2009

Sunday - 1st Feb 09 初七 人日


                                    The $50 worth of Yu Sheng can serve 14-16pax!

Woke up early to today cos I need to prepare tonight's dinner.  Invited my in laws to come for dinner and at the same time I arrange to pick up my Yu Sheng that I have won to add on cos today is 人日 Happy Birthday everyone!!!

I am busy preparing the food and my Dearie's ex students came over ..... so sorry that I did not have much time chit chatting with you all as I am busy in the kitchen.  Prepared Nonya Chap Chai, Sambal Prawn, Ngor Hiong, Sesame Chicken and White carrot with cuttlefish soup for tonight's dinner.  Forgot to take the whole display of food cos I am busy serving the food to them hahaha.... wasted!

Is my 1st attempt in making the Ngor Hiong..... chestnut not enough, 1st batch abit salty cos I forgot to clean the skin, overall still ok. *LOL* I love the soup *buay pai sei* is really nice .... all natural taste no soya sauce, no salt added!

Had a great time with my in laws ..... my house is small if only I get a bigger flat last time a bit regretted about it since I like he current place very much.  Shall keep a look out if any of the 19 floor people shifting out ... I love staying on top floor *LOL*

20 comments:

  1. when can we visit u? hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. if u all dun feel crampy of my plc .... anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we also wanna visit u!! wanna try your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cramp nvrm...as long as food is yummy can liao hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wanna eat ur ngoh hiong... teach mi how to make leh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. me har i still need improvement for Nghor Hiong leh ...... must learn from more senior ppl .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok ...

    minced chicken
    carrot
    white carrot
    onion
    water chestnut
    egg
    fu zu

    I mix the all ingredients except fu zu together then remember the fu zu have to wipe cos it will be salty. then wrapped up after that I steamed it ...... fried it only when wanna eat ... u can keep the rest in the fridge frozen compartment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. actually i forgot to add prawn meat .... next time i will remember ... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. er... wat is fu zu huh...
    o u mean need to steam after u wrap huh... then wanna eat then fried it. lol... i tot wrap liao then fried wan.

    how u make the roll 'stick' tog huh? wont open up hor...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i wrapped it like how popiah look .... i steam first then fried de ... the left over u oso steam it ... cool liao then keep in fridge

    ReplyDelete
  11. eh fu zu is the skin for nghor hiong

    ReplyDelete
  12. fu zu is e skin another type of "tau kee"

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh.... can i get it fr ntuc? u make mi v gian to make leh... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. heehee ..... ya ya like tau kee ... go market can find oso

    ReplyDelete
  15. my side no mkt leh. only dry mkt. ok.. i go ask ard there. lol~ yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. btw, QQ, ask u huh the carror all these need to dice / shredd huh. no need to cook them 1st rite.
    egg is u beat liao add into the 'mixture of ingredients' rite?

    ReplyDelete
  17. i use blender to do it .... i lazy ahhaha ... egg hor i crack it and mix with it never beat it first then mix

    ReplyDelete