Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday 8 September 2008

结了婚,有了孩子 = 没有了自我?

I have come across a magazine asking a celebrity that after marriage life and with children = don't have yourself.  Actually to me I can feel so ..... cos nowsaday I have friends whom are single and married but no children yet, like try not to go out with us.  Some questions have been popping up in my mind :
  • Is it because they want us to have a family day? 
  • Is it want us to spend more time on our baby? 
  • Is it too troublesome to bring baby out with us?
  • Is it we have done something wrong and you all dun wanna go out with us?
Well now my friends around us whom we always go out with are those married with babies......In fact those long lost sec. friends who contacted us through facebook are all married and with children!  Why I wrote this cos I really can feel that some close friends of mine is like drifting away ....... nothing went wrong just that it drift away like that it seems more like a MSN friend then a very close friend to me .... kinda sad about it cos I don't know what happen .......

18 comments:

  1. same sentiments...

    看开点吧!that's life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought i something wrong leh ..... 原来 you feel the same too ..... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh actually nothing change mah just that have a little TT nia ... everything is the same

    ReplyDelete
  4. i mean ur frens who are without kids.. their lifestyle different mah. so maybe no common topics. ahhhaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is part n parcel of life. when we married, those singles will try to omit u in their own gatherings. when u have kids, those who are married but without kids will omit you. Could be "sour grapes", no common topics, etc etc ... On thinking back, I also don't rem seeing my parents meeting their friends very often. Cheer up, focus on TT. U don't want to miss out any "exciting" movement of hers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. when u have a kid... changes are there just maybe we dont feel it..

    agree wif mylow, our kids growing up stage is very impt! =) missed it no more 2nd chance wor... thats e reason why i change my job... so that I can be home early to be with my girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aiyah, my peer almost all married and still no kids, we also didn't come out and meet... *roling eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  8. QQ, i feel the same too. I am also drifting away from my friends (married/singles). For the married couples with kids, they r busy adjusting their parenthood life. Friends who r still singles, we'll keep in touch by phone cos meet up is rather difficult for my side with baby. I am feeling so tired nowadays, let alone bring baby out to catch up with frds for lunch or dinner session. Have to watch baby's Zzz schedule etc. Life still moves on...maybe wait till Zander & sibling is older then catch up with old frds still not too late bah (",)

    ReplyDelete
  9. like what ephy says 看开点吧..... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  10. no need got childern, just married, my past grp of friends arent as close as i m single le. one thing, everyone is busy with own work n life then whenever they got gathering or whatever, i realise i m tied down to family gathering either my side or HB side de.so long since i last met them liao..

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmmmm ..... i everytime will try to turn up for gatherings :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ME too! if i can lor.. its like.. its not me alone anymore.. i got another party to tink of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i guess its part and parcel of life where people start to have different priorities and so called 'drift apart'. like you might want to spend more time with TT while your friends might want to go somewhere where it is not children-friendly. thus paiseh to ask you along.. if not gotta change location to suit you. furthermore nowadays, we can't just meet up on a last min basis as we have to fetch bb... gone are the days we can la kopi will middle of the night or call up one another to go supper at wee hours.

    whether you catch w friends a not... the most impt part is that you know that they will always be there for u when need them and you will be there for them. thats true friends to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jas ya lah miss those days .... sigh .....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I kinda feel this way too. Sometimes, friends also feel obligated to find baby friendly place or at least with a high chair so that it would be easier for me. Places we used to go are a no no too due to loud noises, crowdedness etc. Sighz.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Priorities shift with different stages in life. Take it easy ba, when #2 comes along, i don't think you'll have much time to think of other friends also

    ReplyDelete