Thanks to Sam whom spotted this good deal at Groupon and the coordination done for us! We bought hokkaido cake baking at $93 for 2 pax. Kinda excited cos I love eating them now I can get to know how to do it and I hope I can bake for my 2 baobei at home soon.
Total 12 pax in a class ...... great to have small group so the trainer can answer our question clearly too unlike the chocolate making we had last time .... too big group and we can't really see the demonstration.
Recipe and Method as follow
3 egg yolks
a pinch of salt
30g corn oil
60g full cream milk
70g cake flour
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
Non dairy cream 100g
1. Preheat oven at 180deg C
2. Combine group A in bowl, mix well.
3. Whisk egg white till foamy. Add cream of tartar, followed by sugar. Whisk till soft peak
4. Sieve cake flour into group A and mix well.
5. Combine with egg white. Mix about 20% egg white to Group A, then pour everything into Group C. Mix well.
6. Pour batter into individual paper cup for Hokkaido cake (non wax cups)
7. Bake in oven for 20mins.
8. Leave cakes to cool.
9. Prepare whipped cream.
10. Poke a hole in center of cakes, pipe in the whipped cream.
11. Sprinkle icing sugar on top of cake and serve. Best consumed cold
ITSI conduct classes for private and corporate class good to have it as team building and good to have also a group of friends to go together too!
Visit their website or facebook for more info