Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday 14 October 2008

Friday - 10 Oct 08


That is Teacher Jennifer didnt dare take pic cos I am not suppose to bring out my HP heehee



Took leave today cos I want to explore and know more about childcare line and is all along in my mind for so many years.  Cynthia is having a centre at Katong CC so she asked me to go try it out cos not all people will like the job.  Tricia have arranged me to attached to a Nursery teacher in the morning 8am to 11.30am and a K2 Teacher in the afternoon 1.30pm to 5.00pm I will be assisting them.

Reached Katong CC at 8am sharp and went into the room 107 to look for Teacher Irene and I was told that they are having a celebration today for Mid-Autum Festival, Hari Raya, Deepavali and Thanks Giving Day.  Each student have to bring food and there are 2 student's birthday on that day and there are 2 birthday cakes too!

There isn't any morning class is all games for the whole morning they are being mix & split into different ages and class in  there are total of 4 station to go to and each station have a teacher to be there to teach them about the festival and also some simple games.  After all the games, we went to the hall for the food..... things is that they dun have any forks and spoon and some parents cook bee hoon end up they have to use hands to eat and is all over the floor!

At around 12+pm half day student preparing to go home and for full day student they are being attached to me so I bring them to the cateen for lunch.  Hmmmm was wondering can they stuff in the food after having so much food in the hall earlier on.  There is one 张老师 insists the children to finish up the food she even bring one whom can't finish the food to the classroom and feed him!  Another one is crying ..... so poor thing ..... hehehe .... kids so cute!

At around 1pm, I bring the nursery children to the classroom for short nap .... some still need patting, 3 of the girls told me they can't sleep and wanted to chit chat with me but when I went out to get my lunch they fall asleep already!  Another assisting teacher - a china lady quite CHOR LOR (rough) she threw all the sleeping bags on the floor like nobody sleeping on the floor ... lucky never hit the kids.

Woke them up after about 45mins of nap and I bath them think only 5 or 6 is bathing and only 1 need to wash her hair.  That china woman say I very slow but the water there is so little I really can't let them go out with soapy body!  After bathing I handle them to 张老师 for class and went up to K2 class located at level 2 to look for Teacher Jennifer.

Afternoon class is easy same thing no teaching only playing!!  Is their free time from 2.00pm to 2.30pm as for me I am chit chatting with Teacher Jennifer and of cos we both will look around what the children doing.  Bring the kids down to canteen for their tea break and also to distribute some leftovers of cakes just now.  After tea break we went to the dancing room to sing and dance, then to the playground.  Teacher Jennifer  told me anything also not important most important is safety must really keep a good lookout of them in the playground.

Went up to the class at around 4.00pm and we teach them how to do some simple arts & craft.  Using colored pasta (Penne) to do necklace, bracelet, anklet etc some even come up the ideas doing hair band and belt.  There is one ang mo kia so sweet to make one necklace for his mum ..... wonder next time TT will do for me anot hahahaha ......

4.45pm I bring some students whom taking school bus down to their respective buses and it end my day.  The job is fine cos all the children so lovely hahah one girl complain to me that a boy keep kissing her hahaha so cute right!  D

Dun really like the Teacher Irene cos she is like more to herself didn't tell me much ... not very well prepare herself for the celebration, give me wrong info.  As for Teacher Jennifer she is good, she introduced herself to me early in the morning and told me that I will be with her in the afternoon and taught me a few things and her experience.  She look so young and her daughter is same age as me she guide me all the way not so lost liao after her kind guidance.  Overall is fun and brand new experience to me ...... should I have a change?

12 comments:

  1. That's a sweet experience. Not an easy job... if you wanna change line! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup indeed a sweet experience I had last Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. not an easy job after reading the details... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's truly not an easy job. lots of patience. but u so happy and cheerful, sure bring lots of laughter to the children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. u intend to switch lines???? next time we can open childcare leh.. it is my aim. ahahh
    but first i need a master in early childhood..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm.. I think it's not easy handling little toddlers / kids. But if you have the passion, go for it! What we need are teachers passionate about children. Then they will really care and love them! Then we will feel safe letting you teachers handle them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm..its definitely not an easy job. i m in this line for so many yrs..:) u need to have the passion n love for children to survive long cos pay is very low..keke

    ReplyDelete
  8. yup is not easy ..... i know that dun no should I go for it hahah dilema

    ReplyDelete
  9. think probably need to go and take courses too wan wor. v tiring leh, work, study & look after TT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jas yes yes got intention to study it leh still thinking

    ReplyDelete